Thursday, January 1, 2009

Fact which I learnt in RUP workshop

I have got placed in ICICI Prudential for the profile of project manager. And in this workshop I realised that I do not fit in this profile. Infact I realised that till now I do not know what profile will suit me. Whenever Parag sir gives us an example that a project manager has to do these things I really do wonder how I will do all those things. I am more towards business analysis but still I will do project management. This recession left us with no choice actually, whatever profile came I grabbed it.
Now when I am into project management, can anyone tell me what all I need to learn (other than coding) for it? Is it really mandatory for a project manager to know coding?

1 comment:

  1. Rachna....I never understand that why you always underestimate yourself!!!!!!!!
    You r one of the most hardworking people I have ever found....& I think u can do anything....

    And I don't think that one needs to know coding for project management but still PM needs to understand in nd outs of the system in details. And you r good in coding also and if not u r a fast learner!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete